First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis (22300VIC)
This course will provide the knowledge and skills required to assist a person suffering an anaphylactic reaction using an Adrenalin device until the arrival of medical assistance. Participants will also develop knowledge and skills in the recognition, management, prevention and risk minimisation of allergic reactions.
Course Content :
- Understanding Anaphylaxis
- Triggers of Anaphylaxis
- Signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
- The Emergency Action Plan
- The adrenaline auto-injector – what it does
- Using the adrenaline auto-injector
- Safe storage and handling of the auto-injector
- Risk assessment and risk minimisation
- Legislation and responsibilities
- Evaluation of policies, procedures and emergency incidents
Assessment Method : Demonstration of practical skills, role play/scenario work, summary evaluation questions and multiple choice questionnaire.
Certificate : A Statement of Attainment will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Course Length : 3-4 hours